Sunday, November 7, 2010

Why The Dolphins Need To Cut Channing Crowder...



I try to keep things light around here.

I like to have fun on the blog.

But I'm dead serious when I say this: The Miami Dolphins need to cut Channing Crowder and the NFL needs to suspend him for at least 1 game.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are two things that Channing Crowder is not: 1. A good football player 2. Funny.

We in the media tend to put him on television--- because frankly--- he's the most interesting soundbite in the locker room.

He's goofy, he's silly.

I've heard him described as playful.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
But here's what's not ok.

Cracking Anne Frank jokes after a football game.

Crowder claims that Baltimore's Le'Ron McClain spit in his face.

So Crowder was mad.

Here's how Professor Crowder was quoted in the Sun Sentinel talking about the refs:

“They said they didn’t see it,” Crowder said. “Then they said something about they let Karlos Dansby get away with a facemask before. Who the f— cares? I just got spit in my face. I don’t give a damn about Karlos pulling somebody’s facemask.
“Like they didn’t see Chad Henne get hit twice when he slid. No, no, they say, “Aaah.” Stevie Wonder and Anne Frank. Who’s the blind girl? Helen Keller, then. I don’t know who Anne Frank is. I’m mad right now. I’m not as swift as I usually am.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First of all, you not knowing who Anne Frank is, makes you moron.

I'm sorry the University of Florida didn't teach you anything.

8th graders read her diary.

Secondly, even if you do and you're just kidding, it's not funny.

She was hiding bravely from the Nazis.

You hide from making plays.

And third of all, I heard that he was quoting "Clerks 2."

Look, I enjoy Kevin Smith's work as much as the next guy... But out of context holocaust references don't work when you play for Miami--- a town with a very large Jewish population.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know the world has become too PC.

I know that people are too sensitive.

But Channing Crowder has gotten a free pass for his mouth and honestly, I don't think it's cool to joke about the holocaust.

Especially when you only make four tackles and your team gets their ass kicked.

Channing Crowder is a joke of a player and brings shame to a franchise.

I don't know which he needs more, sensitivity training or tackling drills.

Either way, he shouldn't be wearing a Dolphins uniform.

2 comments:

  1. Ehh...Stupid, without a doubt. Anti-semetic, not so much. Channing Crowder is a marginal NFLer who was an asshole in college and is an asshole now. I have bigger issues with the guys missing a wide open TD late in the half and dropping a pick six.

    Despite the potential effect on South Florida catering, Randy moss was a sorely needed gift which we couldn't afford to turn away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree on Moss.

    Maybe it wasn't meant with malice.

    But it's still embarrassing

    ReplyDelete